T: Fuel Tank Long Range Tank

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
My long-range tank from Paul via Dick Wheeldon.

long range tank 1.jpg

1648389157848.jpeg

Paul Adams

VOC Member
The red Rapide on the first page is fitted with a larger tank? Who makes this larger long range tanks.Erik
@Eric - Send me an email andI might be able to put you in contact with someone who has a tank for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

robert shennan

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I would guess that any of the Indian manufacturers would be amenable to making a run of say ten tanks, price negotiable.
Probably it would work well if the mounting brackets were supplied loose for fitting on the individual machines. For sure I would be interested in this as I have run out of fuel too often what with distance between petrol stations and stations being unexpectedly closed.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I have made several fibreglass tanks that withstand ethanol containing fuels. I asked epoxy suppliers and they advised against it. Eventually I found a polyester resin that will do the job but it has to be baked for several hours after moulding.

davidd

VOC Member
Update, the tank started to eat itself. Unfortunately no longer usable.

One would think epoxy would be the correct stuff, but most chemical storage tanks are made from vinyl ester resin. I don't believe it is a suitable choice for fuel either. Steel and aluminum are the best choices right now.

David

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
I would guess that any of the Indian manufacturers would be amenable to making a run of say ten tanks, price negotiable.
Probably it would work well if the mounting brackets were supplied loose for fitting on the individual machines. For sure I would be interested in this as I have run out of fuel too often what with distance between petrol stations and stations being unexpectedly closed.
I am in for several units.

Just 20 mm higher as stndrd.

It makes the bike much more a lady, rather than a bold man.

The oil filler neck is easy to enlarge.
Only thing to take into account is the top of the girdraulic fork, not fouling the tank...

Tell that to the Indians.
But we can send them a sample!!

Cheers.

V