T: Fuel Tank Long Range Tank

Paul Adams

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi, I’m a bit late joinin* the petrol tank conversation but the hand rolled tanks should be available.
If interested give me a call on the mobile number attached to Series D info.

Herman-Handlebars

Non-VOC Member
Hi, I’m a bit late joinin* the petrol tank conversation but the hand rolled tanks should be available.
Hi Paul, are your tanks made in alloy? If they are, could I ask which grade you chose please?

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Hi Paul,

Would it be possible for you to dm me as I might be in the market. I would love to see a couple photos of the tanks.

Best,

Gene.

davidd

VOC Member
The Paul Adams tank I have seen up close is very well done and very durable.

Paul Adams Tank 1.jpg

David

vibrac

VOC Member
The one thing you need to be meticulous about are the rubber mountings it needs to be clear and rubber insulated from the bike and engine especially at the rear where top hat rubber bushes are the best bet to ensure that the holding down bolts cant touch the alloy tank hole sides.
Admittedly the tank lasted on the racing Comet and the twin for four racing seasons but eventually it sprung a leak at the back and touching the engine or bolts was the reason if finally leaked (weeped). It takes a lot of time to track down a leak and mend the fault (and we wont talk about the paintwork)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have had to fit a standard size Alloy tank on a "C",
Didn't like the fittings , Not very well done, Not built by a Vincent man !,
The front brackets in alloy are narrow , Not like the shaped steel one
So packed out the outside of the oil tank with carpet tiles, For the full length,
Seems OK, Nice and Snug !.

Attachments

• DSCN0159.JPG
    DSCN0159.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 14

timetraveller

VOC Member
Yes, I did something similar with a large ali tank on the old ex-Cecil Mills bike (C twin). I folded about half inch thick medium density foam over the top and sides of the oil tank and then slid the tank down over that. The rear bolts are still used but not clamping tightly onto the tank. It does not move about.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I cut the bottom out of the front fittings,
So they hook over, I think Greg used something like that on his Racer.