FT: Frame (Twin) Vintage sidecar for 47 Rapide

Jim Richardson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My Steibe nosing up to Brian Chapmans Swallow at the Harmer Green rally a couple of years back.

Attachments

• upload06-17 012.JPG
    upload06-17 012.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 42

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Jim, did the top box position on the sidecar result in needing to change the chair alignment i.e., more/less lead or whatever?

robmfj

Forum User
VOC Member
I'm currently restoring a "C" Rapide to which I will attach a Steib S501. As panel beating hammers and spray guns are not my favourite tools. Can anyone recommend somebody willing to restore the chair in the south of England. It's in "used" condition but otherwise complete and ok.
Thanks Rob

craig

VOC Member
How do i post photos and info about chariots, if you are interested in sidecars generally look up Sidecarland on Google.
Hi Jim, I don't have a website (thevincent.com) that allows me to set up users to post. So just email me what you have and I will post. This website page is for Vincent sidecar mounting and using. As I look at other sidecar websites, they typically are about modern bikes and sidecars. You know 1970+.......all that modern electric start stuff, 12volt, etc
I am leaning toward age appropriate street side cars on 1928-1955 Vincents. I am not sure about anything yet.
1954British1.jpg

deejay499

VOC Member
Yes, we are keeping an eye on your machine. I need the sales lit for Wessex please. And any other info, available unit, parts, etc, Thank you.

View attachment 19953
How do i post photos and info about chariots, if you are interested in sidecars generally look up Sidecarland on Google.

Hi Craig. There is a lot of info on Wessex sidecar and brochures on
wesse-sidecars-iogroups or just type in Wessex Sidecars.

deejay499

VOC Member
Yes, I think so Craig. Got some photos of my Wessex restoration on there.
If there is any specific sidecar info that you need I may be able to help, as I have some old brochures and stuff.

craig

VOC Member
Can you convert a vintage LH Wessex sidecar to RH?
Any info published on this conversion?
I realize the fender (that could be mod or fab), but it is the suspension and body mounts.

WessexRH.jpg

Last edited:

deejay499

VOC Member
Looks like you have done it Craig. Seriously, the suspension, mudguard and step are all bolted to the steel centre tub, so I guess it could be done. The mudguard might be a different shape on the inside but it could be done.