FT: Frame (Twin) Vintage sidecar for 47 Rapide

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Craig, i'm new in here, this is my first post... I have just purchased a '52 comet. I actually own a sidecar, which i'm willing to sell. It's a '59 Watsonian Maxstoke, double seater, closed model. It has been converted from left to right hand side about 25 years ago. Technically it's in quite good nick, the interior is in need of refurb. At the moment, it is attached to a BMW R67/2 (which i'm not willing to sell). The pic was made, when we were on camping holiday with our two kids. As i live in Switzerland it won't be a one day job to get it home... Paul
PM sent , Thank you

craig

VOC Member
I am starting a webpage for Vincent sidecars as a public place to focus and store information on sidecars attached to Vincent motorcycles.

click on - Vincentsidecars

Please let me know if this is a duplicate effort and unnecessary.
The goal is to encourage street sidecar use on Vincents.

I find that there were dozens of sidecar manufacturers, all of them fairly obscure. And sidecars faded away as automobiles became more affordable and dangerously more dominant on the roads.
I see the Vincent factory actually fitted sidecars.
I find no discussion on this or even the fitting of vintage sidecars to Vincents.!!!
SidecarImages1.jpg

deejay499

VOC Member
This is the Wessex sidecar that I have on both bikes. Made in Yeovil, UK and dates from about the mid 50s. It was designed by an aircraft designer who wanted a sidecar with no chassis, so is Monocoque, with steel centre tub and fibre glass ends bolted on. The child/adult sidecar was only 135lbs compared to the Steib S501 which is 185lbs. Ideal with some essential ballast (passenger) but can be a bit light empty.
4FD09DCF-8840-4F05-802F-F018055061F4.jpeg

craig

VOC Member
Yes, we are keeping an eye on your machine. I need the sales lit for Wessex please. And any other info, available unit, parts, etc, Thank you.

Wessex3a.jpg

erik

VOC Member
the weight is not so important.the combination should be as narrow as possible.regards erik