G: Gearbox (Twin) Gearbox Query

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I think somebody should copy this ?,
If the new Forum won't be able to show it ?.
I tried to copy and paste to my pictures, But I can't get it to work,
Any Ideas ?.

The other one is Whitakerpedia so that should be OK to get ?.
Cheers Bill.

erik

VOC Member
I bend the indicator so it doesn`t fowl anything.Because I have boots in size 46 I have a non bend, straight gearlever made of crome plated steel.Erik

Attachments

• 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 18

greg brillus

VOC Member
If its not a gear indicator problem, it could be the right side main shaft bearing cir-clip has popped out or the lip on the housing failed allowing the bearing to move to the right, this would cause it to jump out of 3rd.

SteveT

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Well I’ve pulled the outer case off and a quick look shows that one of the springs in the spring box? Looks to be buckled. The tin cover plate has a bend in it where the spring moves so it looks like it’s catching. I wonder if this would be enough to do it, before I dig deeper?
Steve

greg brillus

VOC Member
The spring case assembly returns the shift mechanism to select the next gear up or down........If one of the springs is weak it could create a scenario where it does not shift fully to the next gear.........whilst you have the outer cover off, grab the mainshaft nut gently with some vice grips and see if the shaft moves in/out, and have a close look in to where the bearing is that i mentioned to see if the circlip is in place holding the bearing in the housing........All of the springs and parts for the shift mechanism are readily available.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Well I’ve pulled the outer case off and a quick look shows that one of the springs in the spring box? Looks to be buckled. The tin cover plate has a bend in it where the spring moves so it looks like it’s catching. I wonder if this would be enough to do it, before I dig deeper?
Steve
Contact dragandfly!