New AVO coil-over for B and C series, plus damper update.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Chris, I am sure you know you can adjust the Koni, But even on the softest setting, It's still too stiff for the front.
I am sure with my Spax on the front it's better, But I only have one !!, It's on the twin now, And not too bad, I had it on the Comet a few years ago, Don't know why, But now with a soft Koni I suffer like you.
We will have to save up for an AVO, Me thinks ??. Cheers Bill.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Hi Bill
How do I adjust the Koni, I have not seen any kind of adjuster on it at all, but I will be dragging it out later today so will have a good look.
Chris.

vibrac

VOC Member
To Adjust Koni
Take off unit
Pull open
Fish around under cowl with screw driver
find rubber split ring
drag out
close unit screw left or right to taste
open unit pop rubber back in
At least that's how I did it many years ago -don't ask me which way makes it soft or hard,:confused: try it and let us know:)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Chris, It might be already softest, Mine was stamped "F", For Front, I think Ron Kemp did them like that, There should be 2 holes on the top of the shroud to push the rubber down from the top. Good Luck, But I still think we will have to get an AVO !!. Chees Bill.
koni.jpg

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Thanks for that, seems a bit of a chore, especially if it's fitted to the front !!!

I'll leave it until I have a bit more time I think.

Chris.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Just got the "C" Special on the floor, The Coilover feels very Modern!, Not like a Standard Vin'.
Wound the spring to 7", Wound the Damper to 8 clicks, Feels good, I thought I would need the heavy spring, But maybe not.
Seems to miss the Big Alternator by a good bit.
The "D" stand is very close to what it was, With a "D" frame !.
Will still be some weeks before it's on the road, Cheers Bill.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Just got the "C" Special on the floor, The Coilover feels very Modern!, Not like a Standard Vin'.
Wound the spring to 7", Wound the Damper to 8 clicks, Feels good, I thought I would need the heavy spring, But maybe not.
Seems to miss the Big Alternator by a good bit.
The "D" stand is very close to what it was, With a "D" frame !.
Will still be some weeks before it's on the road, Cheers Bill.
Dear Bill,
On my Rapide I found the spring preloaded to 7.5"gave a comfortable ride with just a few clicks of damping. I probably weigh around 14 stone with my riding kit on. I at first had much more damping dialed in but after a few trial runs found it better with less. My RFM is the shorter ."B" type that may make my settings a little different to the "C ". I'm sure you will have some fun sorting out what is best for you when you are on the road. I also found that good rear suspension highlights how good (or bad :eek:) the frontt suspension is.
Not raining (yet) in the I - o - M this morning. No practice last night as it was wet and very windy. Our ferry crossing was pretty bumpy. Kwells travel tablet s saved the day for me.:)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes Eddy, On the road will tell all !, I worry about the front forks, Norton commando, They all had Sticksion, I think that's what they called it ?.
And a week back end makes them solid !!.
Have Fun on the Island, Long time since I was there, I wonder if the Oil stains have washed away where I parked my bike ??. Cheers Bill.