Front Spring Box Compressor Tool

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Don't do just one measurement. Try three more at 2. 3 and 4 inches if you can move the mill knee that much. Then plot a graph and put a straight line through it. Excel can do that or I can use excel to do it if you send me the measurements. The gradient of the straight line is the rate. 66 sounds very high compared with what I supply, 45, 36, 33 and 30. Is it possible that you have one of DD's early experiments?
I’ll do moremeasurements, but need to find a better scale. It’s designed to automatically turn on when you step on it. Getting it to turn on when the springbox is set up is a pain, plus it randomly shuts off when it decides you have reached your weight….. so if I pause, it displays what it thinks is the final weight for a few seconds and turns off. I had the lower spring boxes marked out in 1” increments in hopes of getting more data.
The springs didn’t come from David, I bought them (I ordered D springs in error) from Coventry Motors in Boston. I used Excel at work… plotting graphs to justify me existence , although that was a few years ago. After I gave up on the scale, I installed what I believe are 2 used C springs which are about 15 3/4” long. The D springs are 16 3/8 and
16 7/16. With C springs installed on both side it reacts in a similar fashion compared to the other bikes. I’m leaning towards just leaving it like that for now and see how it behaves providing I don’t become permanently institutionalized as a result of trying to make a functioning copy of a KVFTT mag.
Thanks for all the help, it’s appreciated.

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've not been able to find figures for the standard springs in my stuff, I said 57lb , but it was going on for 6 years ago now so I'm almost certainly wrong.
You could be right. Until I back that number up with another scale, it’s probably best to assume 66lbs is inaccurate.