PD: Primary Drive Case Drain

oexing

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Even simpler than fibre washers: Do a few windings of teflon tape under the screw head. Then do it up as usual, the teflon will fill all space around the head and under it.

Vic

fogrider

VOC Member
Only just seen this post - after re-fitting the primary cover today, I now realise I could have fitted a drain plug. Bugger.
Anyway, thinking about it, surely the best place would be underneath, a vertical plug directly underneath the centre of the tensioner slipper ?
There's loads of head room in the centre of the slipper. Out of sight and easy to drain the case. Next time......

oexing

VOC Member
Not too bad, maybe better get a suction pump for draining the primary. Access is easy at the inspection cap and you don´t have to change a seal. Could be used on some more places as well.

Vic
suction pump

syringe

ilikevelos

Forum User
VOC Member
Not too bad, maybe better get a suction pump for draining the primary. Access is easy at the inspection cap and you don´t have to change a seal. Could be used on some more places as well.

Vic
suction pump

syringe
My brother introduced me to using a vacuum pump to remove fluids. He was a boater and many boat engines must be drained that way. Advantage - one less place to potentially leak oil. While it does not easily remove the solids in a sump, in many cases it is easier and I have encountered several instances outside the marine field where that is the intended way to drain a fluid. This is what I use. https://www.ewktool.com/products/eb0280-6-5l-manual-oil-extractor