PD: Primary Drive Case Drain

Michael Vane-Hunt

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It would be metric as it is for a new Triumph Thruxton.. But I am sure a clever chap could change the thread. If one is going to drill and tap a hole in the primary it could be any one of several sizes and threads.

oexing

VOC Member
Nice BSP plugs available at Aliexpress, in stainless , Allen head or hexagon. But you´d have to fix a magnet yourself. Magnetic plugs seem to be all metric these days.
Hexagon head would be better for drilling a hole and glue a magnet into this.

Vic

oexing

VOC Member
Wow, 35 Dollars for drain plugs ! For Vincents my guess 1/4 BSP in most places and for a fraction of dollars you get a handful of Ali plugs plus magnets for all your bikes.

Vic

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
True enough Vic, but it saves time and I really don't expect to buy more, since I can't afford to have more than the one Vincent and the other bikes have magnetic plugs.

highbury731

VOC Member
This is my version of the mod to be able to drain the primary case in a neater way than pulling the cover away from the engine. The screw for that spot has an o-ring and isn't tightened as much as the rest.

View attachment 50294
I have now done your drain mod, filing the outer case with a rat tail file. I just ordered some M5 fibre washers, which will just fit in the outer case recesses (10mm) for the cover screws. Yes, I will have to drill or file them out to 1/4".