OP: Oil Pump A nice Ulimate Engine

Vincent Brake

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanx Mr Passenger, indeed standard crank, i wont do 6 holes 1 mm but ? (stnrd is 6x 1,2mm in the quil) I will calculate the Standard pump feed, than decide.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Decided not to burn up the original 18xx HRD crankcases as i would be milling the original oilpump away, welding etc.
But bought a new set from Molnars, its looking really nice, and luckily no old number on them.
In time i will ask Simon for a number, so i can register the whole set.
I will do up the old cases, line bore them, OS bearings, new spindles, pump etc. and put is up for sale

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi there Vincent, Probably a good idea............I don't think any of us want to alter or change original cases if it is unnecessary. The only advice I can give you about the oiling system is the amount of oil supplied to the cams/followers. I think if this area is improved, the crank and other parts will be fine. As tempting as it is, I don't see the need to over engineer things too much, pretty old school bit of machinery, and a few improvements would go a long way towards a better engine. Cheers and happy new year...............Greg.

vibrac

VOC Member
But bought a new set from Molnars, its looking really nice, and luckily no old number on them.
In time i will ask Simon for a number, so i can register the whole set.
How do they do it over in Holland or France? for us a new made engine and number would mean a Q plate unless we were very lucky but for instance, Goddet seems to keep rolling out new Eglis without any problems or Euro 4, 3 or 0 regulations to worry him!