Magneto problem

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
So, what you are saying is that the known knowns are known, the unknown knowns should be known, the known unknowns that are known are of use, and the unknown unknowns should be known to be of use?
No, I think he means that if you unknowingly omit a known which is pertinent, it becomes an unknown consequently creating a misdiagnosis resulting in an unknown number of iterations of the possible diagnoses until finally the misfiring issue disappears for some unknown reason only to reappear when you fiddle with something apparently unconnected with actual unkown(s) responsible.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
Well, let's say the unknown became more known today, since the dual points setup works and the bike is running. So at least some of the things like the plugs and wires and carburetors and valve timing seem OK or close to right or at least not the major part of the problem. I am going to eventually take the time to get further into the magneto troubleshooting, but that will have to wait a bit until I get the rebuild start up fiddling and tweaking done and have a good running machine. I still like the idea of a magneto, especially after seeing what has to get stuffed under the cowl to replace it. I also really want to find out what was going on.

Ron

b'knighted

VOC Member
Someone else posted about feeling like a six year old on Christmas morning. I bet you feel that way as well. Good luck with the rest of the unwrapping!

Oldhaven

VOC Member
Someone else posted about feeling like a six year old on Christmas morning. I bet you feel that way as well. Good luck with the rest of the unwrapping!

If the six year old me had to build his own present, wrap it himself, deliver it to the north pole and then kick Santa out of bed with Mrs. Santa to get it on the sleigh, harness up the reindeer, ride along, wait for him to deliver presents in Mongolia, get lost over Australia, have to go through customs in the USA, get stopped for a sobriety check because of Rudolph, finally push Santa down the chimney, and then wait for my parents to wake up so I can open it, that about describes it. But yes, other than that, I am about as happy as I can be.

Ron