bth mag ht interference.

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I would think modern machinery would make the problem worse, so anything that gives a high or low voltage output that has a pulsing frequency is going to cause interference in electronic equipment, even early alternators used on cars had some form of suppressor on them for the same reason.

macvette

Non-VOC Member
I bought a cheap bullet camera to mess about with. It produces quite good video but wind noise ruined the sound so I took it to bits( it was only 50 quid), disconnected the internal microphone and connected a button lapel mic on a trailing lead so I could clip it to my jacket. The wind noise is gone but I have and excellent recording of the spark plugs firing especially at idle:mad:. The mic wire is shielded and very similar to the BHT wire. Radio frequency interference I think.
Mac

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I bought a cheap bullet camera to mess about with. It produces quite good video but wind noise ruined the sound so I took it to bits( it was only 50 quid), disconnected the internal microphone and connected a button lapel mic on a trailing lead so I could clip it to my jacket. The wind noise is gone but I have and excellent recording of the spark plugs firing especially at idle:mad:. The mic wire is shielded and very similar to the BT-H wire. Radio frequency interference I think.
Mac
Dear Mac,
That is similar to my findings using my Garmin GPS. I had am original steel petrol tank fitted and when I used my Garmin with in ear phones plugged into the Garmin I got no interference. When I changed the petrol tank to an aluminium one I got a bit of buzzing that changed as the engine rpm changed so it was almost certainly ignition related. As there was no interference with the steel tank it must have had a screening effect.
If I use the wireless Bluetooth connection from the GPS to the Cardo Scala intercom there isn't any interference so I think the lead on the on the headphones was acting as an antenna.
Maybe steering a little closer to the point the bike ran perfectly at all times without misfires etc.

craig

VOC Member
I installed the BTH coils remote as shown, ran the low tension up thru thick walled vacuum hose to duplicate spark wire appearance.
Short test proved to have easier starting, no missing detectable yet, but rather short test run.
rear coil mounted on right side is totally hidden by air pump, this left coil cant be seen unless you sit on the ground.
Kill wire is run up with the lo tension, and then on to a handlebar kill button.
I will report more as testing continues.
20150513_BTHRemoteCoils.jpg

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
I installed the BTH coils remote as shown, ran the low tension up thru thick walled vacuum hose to duplicate spark wire appearance.
Short test proved to have easier starting, no missing detectable yet, but rather short test run.
rear coil mounted on right side is totally hidden by air pump, this left coil cant be seen unless you sit on the ground.
Kill wire is run up with the lo tension, and then on to a handlebar kill button.
I will report more as testing continues.
View attachment 12850
Hi Craig,

Those rear shocks look mighty interesting. Can you provide some details on what they are, where you got them, spring sources etc.?? As usual , more info is better than less.

Also would appreciate your comments on how well they work.

Thanks

Martyn