Misc: Everything Else 1951 Black Shadow Restoration

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well, the oil pump sleeve is probably one of the hardest parts to assemble into the cases if the pump sleeve bore has any imperfections.......Due to age and heat, the bores always have some minor imperfection........passing a 1 inch reamer cleans up the bore and the sleeve will generally install with hand pressure cold, like a gudgeon pin in a piston........That is what I meant.

Somer

VOC Member
Now thats the seat I would like to fit I shall have to look for a Pergusa to modify I have tried it before it was very very comfortable but the supports were lacking I like the look of those shown above

View attachment 39219
I have a solo seat a guy made years ago for a Vincent. Even says Feridax on rear. I'd sell it now.

craig

VOC Member
Just satisfy my assembly fits and just playing around, here is todays photo.

20210320_ProgressFitUp1.jpg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Be careful, I did that to a whole bike !, Now I don't want to take it apart,
To fit the flywheels !.
It looks so good to me, I feel like putting it on the wall, As a bit of artwork :D .

Sakura

Non-VOC Member
I made some too, simple and effective.

View attachment 41192
A nice bit of kit and very professional. Never bothered myself even when the Venhill kit is available. I still do it the old fashioned way. Leave the cable just proud of the nipple and pein over with a small ball peined hammer. Prize the nipple up so the spread inner is about level with the top surface of the hole and solder. Ensure the solder just penetrates the nipple. I believe the solder is to keep the splayed strands from getting together as well as joining cable and nipple. Never bought a cable for 55 years and never had a nipple pull off and I've made many in a professional capacity. After all that's how all the old books describe the process. Each to their own as long as it works.