Vincent official drill pattern for G32/2AS - Gearbox Camplate

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
What is the official drill pattern for G32/2AS Camplate Assembly complete with Pinion?
Is there an online pattern that one can print off and transfer to a Camplate?
What exact drill bit(s) is required for the task? I dont mean a size or general PIOOYA recommendation, but a brand, type, part number, online vendor, etc.
Also the same questions for G66AS
M003aPartsList.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Richardson

VOC Member
unfortunately you are about a week late, as I have just reassembled my D, but i did notice that the plate appears to be hard and the holes were sharp edged, so it had probably been ground post drilling, sparking them through might be the best (but tedious) way.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
As these parts are "hard as hell" it is most likely cheaper + quicker to buy new repro's + take a profit on evil-bay for the originals!

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi there gents, just as an aside to the above lightened camplate......If you were building a twin racer, and given that these can sometimes overshift due to the momentum of the plate on rapid gearshifts....can anyone see why you couldn't make one out of aircraft alloy....any thoughts....cheers......Greg.

vibrac

VOC Member
Best option on a racer apart from the swiss cheese job -with no kickstart is to carry out the mod in 40 years on I did on our 5 speed Egli racer
take the ears off G61/1 (if you still have a G61 you have no chance) and add 2 1/4 bsf nuts on their sides braze in place add 2 1/4 bsf cap screws adjust to taste

timetraveller

VOC Member
Just thinking aloud here but if one wanted a very light cam plate how about an ali one made like Neville's modified one, hard anodized and then use a replacement for the G35 centralising plunger which would have a rotating roller in it's end rather than a hardened point. I do not know what would happen to the wear between the slots in such a cam plate and the 'pegs' in the two G29AS and G28s forks but hard anodizing has been used on some cylinder liners where there is lots of sliding wear with piston rings.

craig

VOC Member
I weighed the G32 with G33 assembly from this 47 Rapide and it weighs 260 grams, shows little wear.
Maybe it is historical and should not be modified?