Vincent Black Shadow Donington Park ONBOARD

Speedtwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My neighbour is a huge football fan one of my old bikes interfered with his TV reception.
If he pissed my off I used to tune it when the match was on.

vibrac

VOC Member
In reality a link pipe would not be easy to accommodate even though we have our own dyno. basically the whole open pipe session is driven by the fact we have an invite to Goodwood Revival and things have to appear as near to "as they were" as possible (Yes I have to find my brace and bit for the tool box) there is little opportunity for open pipes elsewhere in this H&S obsessed world

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Very true love the bike great example sounds fantastic there is version of Goodwood happening in Northern Ireland next year on one of our short circuits, run by Philip McCallan I think.
All the hidden away classic road race bikes will be out on demonstration laps.
Guys from the national motorcycle museum are bring over some stuff I will be out on some of a local collectors exoitica.
There will be a large collection of the Joey and Robert Dunlop bikes used in anger along with some of our specials will send you some details.
PS No silencers in Ulster...

Phil Davies

Non-VOC Member
I found 2" pipes sang to me on a handfull, especially at Mallory round Gerards, almost distracting really when playing the throttle in a slide.
Quieter than the smaller pipes which had a definite rasp to them.

Attachments

• VinSitter.jpg
    VinSitter.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 17

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Plenty of free flow there Phill,
Our battle of the twins bike uses 2 inch headers a 1 inch connecting pipe and a megaphone style final pipe with a super trap end can.
2 into one basically with a reverse cones internally at the headers.
Remarkable bark.
My neighbour from two miles away loves the sound of it, he rang me on very early on Saturday morning to tell me so.
We were getting it ready for the classic festival at the weekend.
I can confirm no one had a lie in in South Belfast on Saturday morning.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Funny, On an Airfield, With a friend Gunning it,
Sounded bit muffled ,
Bit like 2" Pipes, Not as harsh as 1. 5/8 " ?.

Phil Davies

Non-VOC Member
"Plenty of free flow there Phill,"
Quite so Speedtwin, it ran with modified 32mm monoblocs (from Spanish two stroke) on those pipes, unfortunately those pipes are now not allowed at UK circuits, so next time out it will need a new set of pipes, I might try the 2 into 1 route (but that will never look as good as the 2" pipes).

Speedtwin

VOC Member
I built a harley engined norton framed hill climber had straight through 1 3/4 forgot my earplug was deaf for a day after.
Fantastic did not have to listen to the BOSS.