Vincent Black Shadow Donington Park ONBOARD

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ha Ha , More Memories, Many years ago,
I came home after finishing about 10 th, Not Happy !,
Then in the post they said I had won my class.

Well Done Ben.

World Super Bikes just starting 24 Free view UK. 8 pm

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I watch a lot of youtube, And they are always saying ,
The Go pro does not show the hills , As is !,
That goes for Donnington !,
The Craner Curves ? Are a bit steep and Fast downhill,
To me, Very tricky,
I have seen people overtake there !, Don't know How !,
I needed all the track and more :) .

vibrac

VOC Member
Well done Ben, bike sounds sweet good tune.
Yes it does sound good however we had spent so much time (and dyno time) on the silencers that we have only got a marginal increase in power by reverting to open pipes! Goodwood insists on open pipes so that's what it gets for that meeting, which is why Donnington was un-silenced to give us a chance to test them in anger

SteveO

VOC Member
Are those Manx Nortons ahead? It says something that a road/tourer based bike is dicing with pukka race machines, despite the capacity difference. Sounds terrific!

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Fueling sounded spot on, very nice great to make noise when we can, have you ever tried a dyno run with a link pipe fitted between number one and two down pipes when running open pipes?

Been tuning some modern twin race bikes over the last number of years some running two into ones, some straight through one into ones, the virtues of exhaust scavenging and exhaust tuning is an interesting area, some advice from a guru started us exploring link pipes in twins with some very surprising positive power uplift results.

Variation of final pipe even pipe material change is showing to be effective.
So a 6k titanium full race system from a well known manufacturer on a four cylinder race engine was unable to outperform a mild steel pipe cut to exact length for the current tune of the motor, on the dyno, by starting with a long pipe and bringing in Mr Grinder shortening the pipe until we got the perfect tune.

Said cheap 200 quid pipes are being used by a well known team with paint and badges from previously mention exhaust manufacturer.

Seems steel gauge pipe weight and heat retention is very important all new stuff for me.
Just love the sound of unmuffled race bikes.
Al

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
This worked well for me,
I thought worked better than twin pipes,
2 x 1.5/8" pipes into a collector box with a huge outlet,
Too loud for modern racing , But I used it on the road also .

Attachments

• Bill Thomas 02.JPG
    Bill Thomas 02.JPG
    442.1 KB · Views: 40