Fuel/Tanks Tank Knee Pads and Mounting Plates

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Evening All.

So I will need rubber knee pads for my 1938 HRD Comet Stainless Tank and guess Jeff Hunter is the man to go to unless any Forum Members have other suggestions?

Where I am stuck is I have no mounting plates. I wondered if any Forum Members had experience of finding replica mounting plates, I guess it's too much to ask that the mounting plates from some other bike like a BSA A10 fit perfectly (because their mounting plates are easily available as new replicas everywhere I've looked).

So I'm sure many folks will have gone down this path before, what would the suggestions be in how I go about getting the mounting plates for the knee pads?

Many thanks in advance for the assistance.

Stuart

billirwinnz

VOC Member
Stuart

I was faced with the same problem attaching knee pads to my Brough 680 which had a replica chrome tank. I glued them on with black RTV and they have now been there for years. Easily removed if you ever need to.

Bill

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Stuart

I was faced with the same problem attaching knee pads to my Brough 680 which had a replica chrome tank. I glued them on with black RTV and they have now been there for years. Easily removed if you ever need to.

Bill
Excellent. How many Conkers Points do you lose for that... Great initiative. Thanks.

S

Dinny

VOC Member
I got my mounting plates from Conways and they came flat. You will have to bend the edges to match the tank so that the rubber sits against the tank nicely. If you can get a tracing just cut them out yourself and bend them. It was not difficult.

Jeff supplied the tank rubbers.

Cheers
Mark

Robert Watson

VOC Member
And when you fix the plates to the "boss" soldered on the side of the tank, drill and tap another hole so that you don't get the despicable rotating knee pad! Drill it VERY carefully mind you!