Misc: Ignition/Mag-Dynos Series ‘A’ Comet Mag-Dyno Pickup

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Terrific, thank you!
I may be confused as I thought it was a Miller unit you have and yet in the thread folks are mentioning Lucas.

I am talking about Miller.

I've spoken to Dave whose a wonderful chap and a mate. He tell me that all remaining Miller parts were sold to Colin East of Colin East Restorations.

If you message me privately I will send you an email address for Colin. Dave says that Colin planned to manufacture Miller component reproductions as well.

Dave observes that you may need to be persistent in your email contact as he doesn't always answer the first.

When Dave Lindsley told me he was retiring and wouldn't be able to offer his usual 4 year guarantee I said I'd always prefer his workmanship without a guarantee than anyone else with lifetime.

A sad day indeed when Dave decided to retire. Wonderful friendly chap with wonderful skills. He'd trained 3 apprentices over the years who each left at the end of apprenticeship to set up on their own.

Yes...shipping to USA and Canada can be troublesome. Not as bad as now sending to Europe. I offer reproduction toy train parts and now simply refuse to do it...how many forms can one man fill in.

Look forward to hearing from you Mike

If you struggle then you can have them posted to me here in Shropshire and I'll ship them to you.

Hope that helps.

Stuart

Dinny

VOC Member
That’s not Colin East in Navenby is it. If so is it still being run by Colin or his son?

Mike T

VOC Member
I may be confused as I thought it was a Miller unit you have and yet in the thread folks are mentioning Lucas.

I am talking about Miller.

I've spoken to Dave whose a wonderful chap and a mate. He tell me that all remaining Miller parts were sold to Colin East of Colin East Restorations.

If you message me privately I will send you an email address for Colin. Dave says that Colin planned to manufacture Miller component reproductions as well.

Dave observes that you may need to be persistent in your email contact as he doesn't always answer the first.

When Dave Lindsley told me he was retiring and wouldn't be able to offer his usual 4 year guarantee I said I'd always prefer his workmanship without a guarantee than anyone else with lifetime.

A sad day indeed when Dave decided to retire. Wonderful friendly chap with wonderful skills. He'd trained 3 apprentices over the years who each left at the end of apprenticeship to set up on their own.

Yes...shipping to USA and Canada can be troublesome. Not as bad as now sending to Europe. I offer reproduction toy train parts and now simply refuse to do it...how many forms can one man fill in.

Look forward to hearing from you Mike

If you struggle then you can have them posted to me here in Shropshire and I'll ship them to you.

Hope that helps.

Stuart
Thank you very much Stuart, I have sent a private message. Best wishes, Mike

Dinny

VOC Member
Unless he's changed, good luck getting any parts out of him or getting him to do anything.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Thank you very much Stuart, I have sent a private message. Best wishes, Mike

Hi Mike, can you message me offline and I can get you to send me some images to email, Dave has contacted me with an email from Colins family to say they have had Gregs email and Dave is offering to help with a vouching for email reply attaching some images if I can get them from you which may then free something up for Greg. Appreciate it. Stuart