SCAMMER ON FACEBOOK SELLING COSTALOT

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Don't fall for this please SCAMMER ON FACEBOOK SELLING VINCENT RAPIDE COSTALOT at £27000
Beware, he will try and take deposit's and disappear

1959 Vincent rapide 1953 1000cc​

£27,000

Keith Martin

VOC Member
Here is the description of the bike in the ad. Since heater works good this could be a great winter bike,

Low mileage Excellent vehicle Drives very smooth Runs/ drives perfect Heat works perfect No accidents Low price for quick sale! No rust, no dents, original paint, no accidents and clean title without any liens or encumbrances. Excellent condition. It is a non-smoker, non-pets in this vehicle. New tires, tags up to date, etc!

kerry

VOC Member
It is on twice now by different scammers, better to buy from the first one because as you say it will be a nice winter bike with built in heater !

But they probably do get gullible buyers who pay a deposit, if they didn't they would not be scamming like this, so disgusting

LoneStar

VOC Member
There is a sad decline in the quality of scams these days... "Heater"? "Non-smoking"? "No pets"? Just phoning it in.

Back in the good old days, scammers would at least try to tell plausible lies. Someone would need an IQ in the single digits to fall for this one.

kerry

VOC Member
I agree, but , they continue these scams so it must be paying them to do so, the first person who listed it did make a better job on his description, I always look at what else they are selling and usually it is about 20 cars, a Yacht, 3 tractors and much more !
These listings have been stopped now which makes a change as I have seen others on for a week or more.
The reason I first started the string was just to remind people to be careful

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Some, many, scammers want you to answer their add, not to sell you anything st first. They want your phone number, address, email and get into conversation with their victims. The sale or bank clean out comes later. If they get your banking info so much the better for them, and not so good for you. Going after stupid people probably works better than trying to con highly intelligent Vincent owners.

Whiteshadow15

Non-VOC Member
The bike is for sale on eBay as well, however I believe that to legitimate.

kerry

VOC Member
This is the legitimate sale by the owner/dealer, but for a 'non matching' Rapide although a nice one it is very very overpriced.
last month a Rapide on facebook near Southend sold for £25000 and now a lot are around at £30,000 ish, prices ARE dropping.
Just my opinion and observations.
Kerry.

LoneStar

VOC Member
Then there is the Strange Case of the $50K Comet...