Misc: Stands Prop Stand Poser

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The 21" front wheel is too tall for standard length propstands to lift when you flip them down. I think a 3/4" / 17mm board underneath will do it, but lifting the front end of the bike is heavy and precarious.

erik

VOC Member
With a D.Hills mainstand a passenger kann sit on the seat and the front wheel will lift off the ground.On my bikelift I use a small jackk to lift the front .As you say Bruce other methods are a Little bit dangerous if you work alone.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
This is my adaptation of a later Ducati sidestand to a Comet. It requires only a small homemade 5/16 alloy plate that uses existing holes in the crankcase.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 51

Nigel Spaxman

VOC Member
Here's what I have. It's made from a Brampton fork leg tube. The forging at the top is off a Honda VT500. I can park on mud, soft grass, the stand is long and it has a nice pad on the end so it can't sink. Most modern bikes have really poor sidestands.

Albervin

VOC Member
The 21" front wheel is too tall for standard length propstands to lift when you flip them down. I think a 3/4" / 17mm board underneath will do it, but lifting the front end of the bike is heavy and precarious.
Using Series C side stands I can raise the 21" front wheel on my B. The only heavy part about getting the front wheel up is getting the rear stand down.

stu spalding

VOC Member
My propstands are 2" longer than standard. With Petteford rear springs I struggled to get a 19" front wheel under the mudguard using standard propstands but now they're fine. They're also angled down 10 degrees (Burt Weisz mod) so no need for any other stands. Cheers Stu.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Not being an engineer and having no engineering equipment, how simple or difficult is it to change the angle of the front stand pivot drillings to achieve the 10 degrees adjustment?