Misc: Stands Prop Stand Poser

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes but yours is sorted, The old type "D" stand had a spring in the middle, Or should I say , To one side inside.
I still say that on Vibrac's Comet, He could put it further forward than mine.
I did it so the looks of the alloy pillion plate were not messed up, A bit of Bling !.

Albervin

VOC Member
I had that problem with the shadow when I bought. Had to lower side stand before centre stand and raise centre stand before side stand. With Neal Videan's front mounted stand you can easily kick it down while in the saddle and it is very stable. I have a D stand on my B Rapide and Dave Hills on the Shadow. They both have their plus and minus points.

Last edited by a moderator:

erik

VOC Member
loreley 005.JPG

Albervin

VOC Member
Erik, I am sure they do but how do they work in conjunction with the rear stand to raise the front wheel? I have a 21" front wheel and the Series C front stands just about work. I would love to know if the longer front stands work to change a front puncture.

erik

VOC Member
May be you see there is a D. Hills stand on the bike and i never used the both front propstands to Change a wheel.I think this is no good idea.But with the mainstand it is no Problem especially at home in the Workshop to get the frontwheel dismantled.Erik