Misc: Electrical (General) Miller 8 inch headlamp lens glass

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Genuine ones are rarer than honest politicians. I assume you mean the post-war curved, fluted pattern. Rudges and Velocettes also used them. I could be wrong, but I think some pre-war machines had flat frosted glass, so in that case, burgle a bathroom.

LoneStar

VOC Member
Possibly a Lucas replica; I don't think the Miller ones had the oval design. But, it's more authentic than the flat frosted style:

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Someone was looking for one a while ago and I pointed out there was one on ebay at that time for £150, it got relisted twice before disappearing.

Michel

VOC Member
@ Chankly, you’re right, I mean post-war curved one.
@ LoneStar, I have the Lucas I’d like to replace with the Miller.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Someone was looking for one a while ago and I pointed out there was one on ebay at that time for £150, it got relisted twice before disappearing.
Partially correct, the chap who was listing them had three new old stock Miller 8inch headlamp glasses, they all sold consecutively, for differing amounts of money, the last one sold for £123.99 on the 8 July 2023.

Michel

VOC Member
Given the difficulty in finding these glasses, would someone not have taken the initiative to make copies of them.
What is possible with the Lucas 8" glass should be possible with the Miller 8", isn’t it true?