HB: Handlebars Kellermann Indicators

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Peter, If you don't want to modify your bike by fitting indicators, there is an alternative. Flashing indicator GLOVES. I'v not seen any commercial ones but made my own many years ago, but the gloves are long since worn out and I never replaced them. With modern LEDs, batteries and flasher units it will be easier, but what I did (Mum actually )was sew a yellow light on the gauntlet of a pair of gloves with a small flat battery in a pouch on the gauntlet, and wires running down forefinger and thumb terminating in a small flat washer. I used to stick my arm out and create flashing by closing and opening thumb and finger. Crude but it worked. I have to say I did it in the 1950s when I went to and from from work in the winter dark, on a slow old 2 stroke Ambassador Popular. with glow worms for lights. Pitch black country lanes (I worked for The Forestry Commission). The only thing that hit me was a slow, low flying, Magpie which sort of "exploded" in a shower of black and white feathers and s~#t I wasn't "flashing " at the time as far as I recall!

Colin

VOC Member
PS In the 1950s most cars had semaphore type signal arms but flashers were just about coming in. At 17 I was really "with it" with both a semaphore arm and flashing gloves. Groovy baby!

timetraveller

VOC Member
And if you do not speak German (I don't) then look under 'Blinkers' which just about makes it obvious. I do remember years ago, working in South Africa, two Afrikaans words that did not need much translation either. Kloppers for coconuts and rottenstenk for cess pit. Both so descriptive that one did not need to speak Afrikaans.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I really appreciate all your suggestions guys, I can easily purchase Kellermann indicators in the UK from www.digital-speedos.co.uk
I was hoping that I might find a supplier selling them significantly cheaper in Europe, this does not seem to be the case, so it looks like my choice is, spend the money and get what I want, or look around for a cheaper alternative, and then be miserable for the rest of my riding days, having seen them fitted to a Godet rebuild I simply want Kellermann, they are sensational!

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Peter, Don't know what sort of money your talking about,
But my MOT Man at Downton, H.D. Man !, " Burnout Bikes", Downton.
Where Phil Primmer used to live,
Shows a few different types, Looks like just over £100, Not sure if VAT has to go on top ?.
Google, Burnout Bikes ?.
Cheers Bill.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
I've had them on all vinnies for over 10 years.
Really good stuff.
With front running lights and rear as well as brake lights.
Only the stop cover is small.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin

VOC Member
And if you do not speak German (I don't) then look under 'Blinkers' which just about makes it obvious. I do remember years ago, working in South Africa, two Afrikaans words that did not need much translation either. Kloppers for coconuts and rottenstenk for cess pit. Both so descriptive that one did not need to speak Afrikaans.
Hi Norman
The most descriptive word in German is, I believe, " BUSTENHALTER"