HB: Handlebars Kellermann Indicators

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
After 56 years I have decided to cease chancing my arm, it would seem there is a safer more modern solution, some sort of left or right amber flashing light system, I am sure it will never catch on, but I am willing to give it a try.

Having done a bit of research, the Kellermann Atto and the Kellerman Atto Integral seems to be the best solution for fitting inconspicuous indicators, they must be good because they are the preferred option of Godet Motorcycles, I also managed to find a very small indicator/horn switch, genuine Honda part intended for a DAX 50 Monkey Bike. The downside to Kellermann is the eye watering cost, especially if purchased in the UK.

Kellermann is a German company, are any of our German visitors to this forum aware of any cheaper outlets in Europe, if purchased on my behalf (with my previously provided funds) is it possible to post them to the UK without the relevant import duties as a private to private person transaction, probably easier to just pay the money and get on with it, unless the savings are considerable, but I would be interested to know what these products sell for on their home market.

oexing

VOC Member
Peter, I don´t know much about these flashlights, never had any on my bikes. I don´t ride in dark anymore so no real need for flashlights and in daytime I am not overly confident that they are more helpful than a hand waving for turn indicator ?
In Ebay there are sorts of Kellermann, so maybe have a look there for deciding on types. Shipping is shown and you´d have to ask the EU dealer for not charging VAT as in your case it is an export from EU and you will get customs charges in UK on sale plus shipping costs. Question is if the EU dealer is current with exports and VAT exclusion. Possibly you´ll get all duties charged but you can ask questions before ordering.

Vic
Kellermann flashlights

timetraveller

VOC Member
Or you can deal with Vehicle Wiring Products and get the choice of small ones like the Kellermann or a whole kit with relay, indicators etc for about £60.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Peter, I don´t know much about these flashlights, never had any on my bikes. I don´t ride in dark anymore so no real need for flashlights and in daytime I am not overly confident that they are more helpful than a hand waving for turn indicator ?
In Ebay there are sorts of Kellermann, so maybe have a look there for deciding on types. Shipping is shown and you´d have to ask the EU dealer for not charging VAT as in your case it is an export from EU and you will get customs charges in UK on sale plus shipping costs. Question is if the EU dealer is current with exports and VAT exclusion. Possibly you´ll get all duties charged but you can ask questions before ordering.

Vic
Kellermann flashlights
Thanks for your input Vic, but the UK is a very busy place these days, nothing at all like when I started out motorcycling, there are many times when you need to signal, but also definitely need both hands on the bars.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Or you can deal with Vehicle Wiring Products and get the choice of small ones like the Kellermann or a whole kit with relay, indicators etc for about £60.
Thanks for input Norman, much appreciated as always, but I have to say, having looked at the Vehicle Wiring Products website, there nothing on there comparable to the Kellermann products, not even close.
I will keep looking for a bit, but having seen Kellermann Atto fitted, they are quite remarkable, minuscule in size, but alarmingly bright in use, they punch well above their weight, I suppose quality costs, always did and always will.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
this is sort of a boutique supplier, but I found some small signals here, and they may be available at other places. I will be using the $15 ones at the front on my fairing on the Comet project and the very small motogadget ones at the rear on either side of my plate carrier. they are very bright.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Peter my handsome, very good call as I've had them since the early 90's returning from working in Denmark and being on the autobahns in the lashing rain with the lorry's doing well over 80 MPH with me on the hard shoulder frightened to move out but I'm no longer the fastest thing on the road like it was in the 60's.
If you get a good connection for purchasing then I have a couple of bikes I'd like to update, also consider blue lights on the front as that is better than wearing high VIS as drivers pick up on you much quicker because it's colour of the LAW. With the hazards on next to the blue lights and one is filtering in moving traffic then the cars separate and it is like driving down your own private lane.
bananaman.

oexing

VOC Member
Blue front lights would get you a ticket in my country for sure ! And yes, traffic has become very intense here as well, no more desire to do a trip into Munich center by bike as I did when I was young, hate to be in any town traffic when I can help it. Alas, sure sign of getting old then. As to flashlights, maybe the best bet is to have them PLUS do hand signaling , I would not have faith in flash lights, a false feel of safety with blind motorists !

Vic

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
The other Driver still has to be looking your way !,
I had one the other day , I could see he was not looking and still pulled out as I went by,
On a Loud Comet !, So his hearing was not good too ,
Good job I was not going any slower ?,
Stay Safe , Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
small and bright

1637572977069.jpeg