FF: Forks Head light brackets

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks.
I looked at VOC spares, but they only show a 6.5" shell and I hope to find a 7" which is what came with the bike originally, plus I already have the 7" rim and lens etc. maybe I'll make up some longer upper H/L brackets in the mean time, so I can actually get this critter on the road. This is assuming that the 7" H/L mentioned on the Works Order Form is actually 7" and not 6.5
Ah! 7" and 6.5" that depends what you are measuring and don't forget the 8"
confusion it seems is always just under the surface

Cyborg

VOC Member
I'm measuring across the opening of the headlight shell. It measures 7" and I'm assuming the original 7" light measures 7" across the opening of the H/L shell as well.

Albervin

VOC Member
Thanks.
I looked at VOC spares, but they only show a 6.5" shell and I hope to find a 7" which is what came with the bike originally, plus I already have the 7" rim and lens etc. maybe I'll make up some longer upper H/L brackets in the mean time, so I can actually get this critter on the road. This is assuming that the 7" H/L mentioned on the Works Order Form is actually 7" and not 6.5
You want the 6.5" shell. That is the distance within rim. The 7" is the distance within the shell. Confusing no?!?!? Yes. Your rim and lens will fit. I had a complete Velocette headlight on my Rapide when I bought it and sold it for an astounding amount of cash which allowed me to buy a Vincent headlight. When seen side by side the difference is obvious.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
My 7 inch Miller
miller 012.JPG
beside a 6.5 inch Miller

Cyborg

VOC Member
Any chance someone can confuse me a little more? Why do they refer to it as a 7" lamp on the works order form? The VOC Spares sell a 6.5" rim which is obviously for the 6.5" shell. They also sell a 7" rim... is that for the 8" shell? The 7" lamp referred to on the works order form was really a 6.5? Sheesh!

vibrac

VOC Member
Any chance someone can confuse me a little more? Why do they refer to it as a 7" lamp on the works order form? The VOC Spares sell a 6.5" rim which is obviously for the 6.5" shell. They also sell a 7" rim... is that for the 8" shell? The 7" lamp referred to on the works order form was really a 6.5? Sheesh!
Now you didn't think this Vincent business was easy did you?
for a little confusion read a parts book ,for conflicting facts log onto a forum, but to loose your sanity read a works order form:confused:

Cyborg

VOC Member
Now you didn't think this Vincent business was easy did you?
for a little confusion read a parts book ,for conflicting facts log onto a forum, but to loose your sanity read a works order form:confused:

I'm starting to think I will have to be institutionalized before I finish this.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Instead of a career in fettling, I could be nicely medicated and enjoying the cockroach races like in one flew over the cuckoo's nest