T: Fuel Tank Fuel Filters for Rapide

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
I have the tank off my Rapide for other work and notice the fuel filters could do with a change.
The plastic ones fitted here are quite wide and with space tight under the tank in front of the battery, I’m after some smaller ones.
Would these do? They’re 60mm x 20mm.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 68026F17-5D3C-4DD0-8A17-0BCF61923F42.jpeg
    68026F17-5D3C-4DD0-8A17-0BCF61923F42.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 38

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Hi Danno,
I use the little ones you have pictured.
I make a point of changing them every winter when the bikes are off the road

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
I use these on my R100RS. I've been thinking about getting some for the Vincent. The filter element is replaceable. They should be available in the UK and maybe anywhere in the world.

oexing

VOC Member
Why not fit filters on the fuel tap inside the tank like the taps in my links below ? External plastic filters look awful on classics and space on Vincent is limited to hide them. A little cylinder of brass mesh can be soldered and put over a small length of brass tube with a little help of an o-ring.

Vic

https://www.ebay.de/itm/331421721821

danno

Non-VOC Member
Why not fit filters on the fuel tap inside the tank like the taps in my links below ? External plastic filters look awful on classics and space on Vincent is limited to hide them. A little cylinder of brass mesh can be soldered and put over a small length of brass tube with a little help of an o-ring.

Vic

https://www.ebay.de/itm/331421721821

Yes that would be better. Same as on my BM airhead.
I've fitted new push/pull type taps so I'll see if they can be adapted.
Otherwise some lever ones with filters included.

danno

Non-VOC Member
There’s a couple of options available in the Spares shop. Brass one’s a bit it pricey but the steel type is a possibility.
I guess the originals I have don’t have a filter.

Last edited: