ET: Engine (Twin) Exhaust Washers

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Even more notorious, I am considering a Langen, but it does, at least, have a Vin engine (of sorts).

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I would not weld on a Head

A great number of Vincent heads have undergone extensive welding without any issues. For that matter, a friend of mine has been welding both BMW and Vincent Heads for forty years. I have also discussed this with flow-bench mechanics who do many hours of welding on all sorts of heads. They say that cylinder heads can go bad, but it rarely happens. The head will withstand a large number of heat cycles before it goes soft. I would trust a well-respected welder to answer that question.

instead of helicoiling (at that diameter I´d have no faith) the Spares Co may provide standardized oversize ex nuts ??

I ordered oversize exhaust nuts from Coventry. I had a stock nut that went fully into the head without touching a thread. With a 0.005" oversize thread the thread engaged immediately and locked the stub in tight, so it fit perfectly.

DSCN7468 01.JPG

From right to left, the plus 10, the plus 5 (with lock wire holes that I drilled), and the stock Vincent nut.

David

Last edited: