Electric Vehicles (I Don’t Think So)

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just shows you how much clout Porsche Has
The European Union has stepped back from its plan to ban all combustion-engined cars from 2035, under pressure from Germany and Italy.

A new agreement will see the creation of a class of cars that can only run on carbon-neutral e-fuels after the Germans dug their heels in. It’s the second time that the EU has had to backtrack on its ambition to axe all ICE vehicles, having previously agreed to an exemption for low-volume car makers. That ruling permits brands which manufacture less than 1,000 cars a year to continue to be powered by petroleum products.

one things for sure clubs had better get some second hand petrol tankers for events there will be plenty available...

erik

VOC Member
Behind 2035 we will have a situation like in Cuba today .Fuel burning vehicles will be used for the next 50 years and will be repaired and repaired again .And camper trailers will not be produced any more because with an electric car towing a trailer you will need three weeks to drive to Italy or Spain. Erik

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I am not worried about running an Older Petrol Car,
My Wife says my old Honda CRV will have to see me out ! :) ,
But will there still be Petrol Stations ?,
Or will we have to travel 50 miles to the next one ?.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Lok on the bright side. You can carry some petrol in your CRV boot for the emergency situation that you describe. If you had an electric vehicle with a nearly "empty" battery, you would be calling the rescue services. :)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Health and Safety ?,
Funny, I told my Battery man I didn't want him to fit a new one in my car,
I want to carry it in the back, As a spare, Belt and Braces ?,
Oh No, No, No.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
If you own an old Honda CRV circa 2005 or earlier (spare wheel on the exterior of the tailgate) then you have an excellent vehicle, hang onto it as long as you can, my Son runs one, he lost his original one in a write off on the M4 last year, not his fault, a rear heavy shunt up the rear, then got his insurance write off money (nothing like the true value) and then searched for a low mileage replacement of the same year, which he did eventually find, for around £4k I think, he loves them, and like you, worked/works as a mechanic and thinks they are probably the best 4 wheeled vehicle that Honda ever made.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
This is my Second CRV, Ron's old one I bought in 2015, 2005/6 model.,
At a push I think I can get a Twin in the back, If I take the seats out.

Rubbish on mpg, And Huge road tax, But very pleased .

erik

VOC Member
I think best is to have a Diesel car like my old Landrover from 1997 without any electronics.Easy to repair and with two tanks ,one longrange and a side tank I can fill in 225 liters ! And I can use ther lorry nozzles at the petrol stations! And for lorrys there is no other thing like Diesel oil I believe? Erik