Dont play misty for me

Ronnie

Active Forum User
VOC Member
As an active scuba diver I always used the spit method previously mentioned, until last year when I was introduced to a spray made up from 50% baby shampoo, 50% water, never tried it on my visor, but works a treat on my dive mask

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
3 of us were riding in pelting rain in Montana a few years ago. I was leading but couldn't see much, the Visor was completely fogged.
I finally pulled over as it was getting very dangerous.
One of my riding friends got a cloth out of his pannier. He had sprayed some Lemon Pledge cleaner on it before leaving home 5 days earlier. He had been using the cloth for his Visor and general cleaning so he wasn't sure if there was enough Lemon Pledge remaining to defog my Visor.
We tried it and it worked beautifully, I had a crystal clear Visor for the rest of the trip.
Even two days later, when rain hit again, the protection was still there.

Glen

Speedtwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
We have used the baby shampoo or fairy liquid method for years on the inside of visors.
Good enough for many misty cold and wet TT wins good enough for me.
Rub on the inside of the visor with a dry cloth and rub off until clear, we still use this in conjunction with pinlock inner visors no misting even when climbing to altitude in the wet cold mountain mornings.

Leaves a nice smell too which is nice.