Misc: Speedometers David Woods ?

nortonpower

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello
I contacted David Woods several weeks ago for asking about availability of 5" speedometer dials as I would like to convert my mph speedo to kmh. I got a reply from him, placed an order and never got another reply so it was a lost case somehow. Now I sent another mail and begin to wonder if David is not in the business anymore. Anybody in the know?
Thanks, Hartmut

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello
I contacted David Woods several weeks ago for asking about availability of 5" speedometer dials as I would like to convert my mph speedo to kmh. I got a reply from him, placed an order and never got another reply so it was a lost case somehow. Now I sent another mail and begin to wonder if David is not in the business anymore. Anybody in the know?
Thanks, Hartmut
Hi Harmut,
His son has taken over the business;
Try brawnywoo19@btinternet.com

Neil

nortonpower

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you, Neil. I checked my reply from the Woods business and the message I got came already from this e-mail: brawnywoo19@btinternet.com
So I guess it was David that replied over the e-mail address of his son? Anyway - I will try to phone them and find out if I can order the parts or not.
Thanks, Hartmut

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
I sent a Speedo to Woods for repair many years ago. This was David Woods in those days. It was returned unrepaired and a large bill was attached. I did not pay it. I have heard other similar reports.

I can maybe scan the dial of a KPH speedo and send it to you. You would need someone to do the printing.
1688201687178.jpeg

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
Try
Hello
Thanks, Hartmut
Try the guy in Argentina

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
Thank you, Neil. I checked my reply from the Woods business and the message I got came already from this e-mail: brawnywoo19@btinternet.com
So I guess it was David that replied over the e-mail address of his son? Anyway - I will try to phone them and find out if I can order the parts or not.
Thanks, Hartmut
Try

Try the guy in Argentina
just looked on eBay USA under Smiths Chronometric 5 inch speedo faces 65 plus postage

ernie

VOC Assistant Secretary
VOC Member
Hey Hartmut remember me?

I have used David Woods several times and recently and found his service excellent.

Contact here:

Ernie