2 INCH

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There were at least two styles of low pipe used on the Flashes. I chose the "bent" style because I liked the look and it was easier to make. I ordered a "J" pipe with an 8" CLR (I think). I used this piece from the stub to the bend under the gearbox. I then just welded a straight piece on at an angle to finish the pipe. I welded the stub on with no flange and ground and polished the weld under the shifter. Sent it for chrome and then put the nut and flange on.
3407.jpg

David

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I realize you are looking for ready made, however if you go custom or make some up, stainless can be used. Stainless gives you a bit of a performance upgrade since it holds the heat in like wrapped or ceramic coated headers. I think it actually might do a better job of this than either of those options.
I made these 2" pipes from some 304SS 2" x .048" wall ubends and straights.
SC20141208-184102.jpg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Morning Vibrac, Just a thought, If you cut and weld a new stub, Maybe an 1" longer on Sid's pipe, That shoud clear your bit's, Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes and I know I can take a bike and get one made I have done so 4 times so far but that's a lot of hassel and for a racing special or an Egli I am happy to do just that, however since (for once;)) I am keeping a machine 'standard', I thought perhaps someone had the jigs to produce the occasional one to correct standard racing dimensions and just 'pop it in the post' perhaps with a set for the twin as well, it would seem not.