2 INCH

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My Grey Flash Replica has a 2" pipe I got from Big Sid, it goes very close to the timing cover and also very close to the BTH (thats the original BTH not the BT-H electronic one) Bakelite terminal and its lead, I have had to put a small but unsightly ally guard around the ignition lead at the mag end and (I can't believe its me saying this:rolleyes: ) its not very standard looking. Anyone know where I can source a two inch pipe rather than go through the entire fitting and making routine. I would also be interested in a 2" set for my occasional forays on the alphabet twin.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Does Colin Taylor still make them? I bought a set for a twin from him quite some time ago (geez, maybe 20 yrs?), but sold them a few years ago. I never fitted them so I don't know what the clearance would be.

Last edited:

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Me neither. Says I have to log in when I am already logged in. When I do put my details in it says its wrong. :confused:o_O

davidd

VOC Member
I recommended Colin to Kurt to do the exhaust, and I will take some credit only because it worked out! Kurt ordered the pipes bare and without the stubs, mounts and nuts welded on, so Kurt finished them. But, what he really wanted was a copy of the originals which, like some other Lightnings, had the straight leg on the font pipe.

Colin did the pipe for Sid's Tina also. Sid was pleased with it.
001.JPG

Colin has a CNC bender and he is quite good at bending pipe.

David

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Competition fabrications in Attleborough (near snetterton) made the system for my norvin. Highly reccomended, and I considered it to be good value at £180.00 for a "one-off".

vibrac

VOC Member
I well remember my trepidation leaving our Egli Racer with Mr Paravani for a week, I sure its safe but its a industrial area in the country and it was a great worry, however the point is I am hoping I do not have to do that with a standard machine I don't need a special job.