FF: Forks Showa Forks ? moved Front cylinder cooler thread

ericg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Blimey! £250 + vat! you could get a jetted set of Mikuni VM28 carbs for that and never worry again....

Fit a pair of Showa forks from a Suzuki or whatever and you'll never worry again with tank slappers because it's much better than a Girdraulic.

vibrac

VOC Member
Fit a pair of Showa forks from a Suzuki or whatever and you'll never worry again with tank slappers because it's much better than a Girdraulic.
I don't worry about tank slappers as I have fitted a hydraulic steering damper and I have one of the new steering heads on order
Of course it wont be standard so it wont command top dollar but as I am keeping it and riding it till I cant any longer who cares? (and when I am gone my son knows where the Amals are stashed if he wants to sell it rather than ride it)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
You are right, But I could only afford Norton Forks ! In 1975, But here I am 40 years later, Building a Bike with Girdraulic Forks, I must be MAD !!. Cheers Bill.

davidd

VOC Member
I hope we all know how to make the Girdraulics work better by now. I like the GSXR front end. Here is Sean Dwyer's bike at British Bike Day in MD. this year. It won a technical merit award, although he has not finished it quite yet.

British Bike day 2017.jpg

David

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
I don't worry about tank slappers as I have fitted a hydraulic steering damper and I have one of the new steering heads on order
Of course it wont be standard so it wont command top dollar but as I am keeping it and riding it till I cant any longer who cares? (and when I am gone my son knows where the Amals are stashed if he wants to sell it rather than ride it)
Its not difficult to go back to the original carbs, steering head, shocks n springs, n steering damper if you want to restore the 'value' prior to sale. It's what I intend to do when the time comes!

vibrac

VOC Member
Leave assembly instructions in your will:p but it would be nice to stay in the family and be ridden not displayed