PR: Proprietary Items Seat Cover Vinyl

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If you are in Melbourne perhaps you should speak to Neal Videan, he has made brand new seats from scratch, does an excellent job, so he would know what material he used, I have one of his seats on my Rapide, and very nice too. Cheers..............Greg.

Albervin

VOC Member
Here’s my original seat, from the back of the seat where the texture has not been worn down by sitting, the faint Feridax imprint in gold is visible.
Steve, that looks identical to the original Feridax on my twin. It is Rexine and similar to that used on the roofs of some old cars. The cover on the roof of my Riley is a bit finer in texture and also the fabric is a bit thinner. If someone can source an exact replica they should by 100m.

Albervin

VOC Member
If you are in Melbourne perhaps you should speak to Neal Videan, he has made brand new seats from scratch, does an excellent job, so he would know what material he used, I have one of his seats on my Rapide, and very nice too. Cheers..............Greg.
Photo please Greg.

Montlhery

VOC Member
No Luck as yet , have sent a few emails to UK suppliers but no replies as yet . Albervin may be onto something there with the roof vinyl as the texture is slightly course .

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
My neighbour is a motor trimmer who does nothing but Vintage and Classic vehicles. He has looked at the seat on my 51 Comet and reckons you may be able to source a close match in Australia.

He suggested a company in Melbourne called NOVATEX - ph 03 9333 0666 and that a good match would be their SL024. If you wanted a vinyl roof material in a like pattern then its HT001 - but he warned you will have enormous difficulty trying to make a seat cover from roofing vinyl.

Give NOVATEX a call and see if they will send you some small samples.

A New seat from Neal Videan who is located in Melbourne may be the easiest path!

Martyn