Race weekend

Dell

Forum User
VOC Member
Season opener at Roebling Road Ga. Two Phil's back at it with Dave getting a first both days (YAWN!) myself a fourth Sat and a close third Sunday, Alex Mclean on the Norton got me by a tenth at the finish line! Bikes ran great as always, if you want to get out for every race then build yourself a Vincent and ride reliable. Maybe that should have been a sales campaign for the factory?
IMG_2701 - Copy.JPG

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Great effort........bike looks excellent........Good to get rid of those front spring cases and save not only weight but excess friction. That front brake looks like a Sealy........just like the one on the Flash we had at Goodwood last September, unfortunately that didn't go so well due to a broken lower return spring.........Only thing I can say is do not let the shoe linings wear too much causing the levers to move too far.......I feel this stretched the springs too much and one failed........It did not end well for the bike and rider.......this less than 200 yards from the finish line........Cheers.......Greg.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Oh to be allowed a decent front brake on a racing Vincent in the UK, still I understand the Norton Riders fears...;)