Misc: Charging Systems Miller regulator cover screws, part number

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
MO36RegCapScrew.jpg

What is the part number for the tiny cover screws please?

I will add to my parts list IPB to remember.
Seems I need to order several so will never need them again.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
There will be no Vincent part number for those cover screws as the regulator was bought in from Miller as a complete assembled unit PR24A and not as seperate components. What the screw thread is I don't know.

craig

VOC Member
Thank you, looks like a 4BA cheesehead slotted machine screw 1/4" length, but that's just my guess for now.

20210825_MillerRegCoverScrew2.jpg

shortun

VOC Member
The screws in mine are round head but could have been replaced when the Miller regulator was removed, but the thread is 4BA x 1/4.

craig

VOC Member
I checked other unrestored Miller regs and they have round head 4BA just as you say, thank you.
I will order 964s and make note in my parts list.

20210825_MillerRegCoverScrew3.jpg

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
If you are talking about the very small screws that hold the cover onto the base, I can't say Miller always used cheese head screws, but my Miller regulators have cheese head screws. Here is a NOS one, still with the box. Unfortunately, the box was given the masking tape wrapper long ago.

The screws that hold the entire regulator onto the generator cradle, yes, those are round head.

Sorry, but I cannot provide the thread sizes.

IMG_3265.JPG

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
Remember these where mass produced commercial items, were they all the same in 1948 as 1953? I know the covers were made in steel or aluminium possibly even brass. If the screw supplier ran out of round head he would probably supply cheesehead to keep production going. This happened with Vincent's also if Amal didn't have levers they would fit Bowden or vice versa hence no such thing as a 'standard' Vin.