G: Gearbox (Twin) Jumping into gear

tom wilson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Must be more to this...........The height of the pins in relation to the cam plate would still not cause it to jump into gear unless the pin was not engaged at all. Are you sure the two selector forks are the right way around, the blade one meshed with the double gear on the mainshaft at the rear and the slotted one sitting over both 1st and 2nd sliding gears on the forward lay shaft. Something in the gears themselves must not be engaged with the selector forks to cause this problem.
Hi Greg many thanks for the comments please have a look at my last comment issue 18 regarding Paul richardson

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hi guys I have ridden this C Rapide for 30 odd years (many miles) and never had this fault unitl last year.
I do not think it is the fork pins causing the problem even though one is raised, I still think its the de-temp spring (I shall fita new one) If you read the gearbox item in 'Paul Richardsons Vincent' he too discribes the same problem .... jumping into gear. I shall re-inspect every part before I re-assemble and hope I see some thing else.
Sorry Tom, So many of these Bikes are turning up with no known history.
What Roy said, The pin coming out has been reported, That's why they have made the new modified one.Good Luck, Bill.

greg brillus

VOC Member
30 Years...........ridiculous.............I'd take the damn thing back for warranty...............;).