• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Girdraulic Grease nipple fitting locations

Brian Thompson

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Hello,
Could someone direct me in the right direction please in regards to fitting grease nipples to the links on the
Girdraulic front suspension?
I tried to find this information on the site but I must be using the wrong terminology.
In "Know thy Beast" E.M.G Stevens says to fit nipples to the FF3 on the eccentric ends at 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock. I get that the part. Its at the spindle side Id like to know how many and there location please?
Thank you
Cheers Brian

Nigel Spaxman

VOC Member
I added some grease fittings to mine when I put my bike together. Some of them ended up in spots that were not that convenient, but they work. I have been using them to squirt heavy oil into the bushings about twice a year. For some reason I thought that oil was supposed to be better than grease for this purpose. Maybe it is because I knew that the oil was better for the Norton Commando swing arm bushings. Should I switch to grease? At least it won't run down the fork legs.

Martyn Goodwin

VOC Member
See post #3 in this thread. No need for any drilling, no need for any grease nipples being added to the girduralics - just use the new, case hardened, centre and cross drilled spindles that are fitted with grease nipples. Readily available from V3 who advertises in MPH . They work a treat!

Attachments

• DSCI0008.JPG
    DSCI0008.JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCI0009.JPG
    DSCI0009.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCI0010.JPG
    DSCI0010.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 14

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?