Black Lightning powered race cars

Speedtwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Nice photo of Marshall Watson seated in the Joe Potts black lightning engined car.
IMG_3302.JPG

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Car ended up coming from Scotland to Gods own country where the motor was liberated some years later by a good friend and fellow Vincenteer.
Factory records back up the journey of the motor complete with the unfinished casings

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Maybe best not to post numbers for engine numbers, mating numbers, UFM, RFM, etc here. Give that kind of information to Simon Dinsdale or ask him about getting details.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Car ended up coming from Scotland to Gods own country where the motor was liberated some years later by a good friend and fellow Vincenteer.
Factory records back up the journey of the motor complete with the unfinished casings
I've just checked the factory records and there is no mention of unfinished castings or replacment engine/ crankcases etc. I know the crankcases you are referring to and those don't have any engine number stamped on them.
Simon

Flylow

VOC Member

Not sure I would use the term 'liberated' in this case. It is a spectacular set-up and great historic value.
Thank you.

Flylow

VOC Member
Maybe best not to post numbers for engine numbers, mating numbers, UFM, RFM, etc here. Give that kind of information to Simon Dinsdale or ask him about getting details.

I understand. We are beyond lucky for the work that Simon has done and continue to support us all with.
Fact is though, that most if not all such data is covered in MPH over the years - including Joe Potts' Vincent adventures.

rapide049

Non-VOC Member
Most Engine Numbers are already out there , getting the mating number is a bit different

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Most Engine Numbers are already out there , getting the mating number is a bit different
That is true, but look at it from another way. Most owners like to keep their bike details confidential, especially as there are those out there who wouldn’t think twice about cloning numbers. So the polite thing to do is to ask the owner before posting their numbers and if you don’t know the owner to ask then don’t post them. Now if the owner publishes the numbers in say a sales advert and then that advert gets discussed here then that’s a different matter.

Over the years as moderator of this forum I have been asked several times by an owner to remove or redact a post were someone else had listed their bikes numbers without permission.

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Yes main reason I did not mention the numbers.
The casings when I say unfinished, are mating numbers,very original and not polished as on a finished bike.