FF: Forks Avo front damper

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes my memory is jogged! about as many years ago I bought a car AVO damper and made a pegged eccentric bush to fit the large eye into the girdraulic fork top slot and that had a black silicone shroud, no problem.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Does anyone know what the adjusting procedure is on these shocker units with regards to the rebound. The new front and rear coilovers I bought did not come with any instructions, but I was after some info to advise my customer how he might like to adjust if he wants to. Cheers.............Greg.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Hi Greg's, if this is one that I have supplied to go with a new steering head then there is only on adjustment that the user can make. That is by turning the socket headed adjusting screw near the Base. My understanding is that this affects both compression and rebound damping, but not necessarily by the same amount. When we changed from the Oilite bush spec to your ball race mod we found that there was not enough adjustment to make the damping acceptable. We did try a front damper set up with the rear damping specs but that was too stiff. AVO then set up a special, which now has a different part number to the original front damper they provide so that in future anyone who has your mod can order one from them by either mentioning my name or explaining what it is for. If your customer wants something different then AVO are very helpful and if it would help others then it would be good to have feedback so the information can be incorporated into any future developments.