App for this Forum

highbury731

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My phone died a couple of days ago, and in sorting out its replacement, I tried to download the App for this Forum. The 'Playstore' offers me the app for the official VOC forum on that US platform, but no app for this Forum. Significance? Can I get round this?
Paul

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I think you used to be able view this forum through the TapaTalk app but I have never used it so don't know anything else about it or if it still works.

I would guess it depend on if Xenforo allows any third party apps to run using their system as its their software it would have to interface with.

vibrac

VOC Member
I am a 1980's computer guy (you can tell that because I still call aps 'programs')
I have never tried to look at the forum with a phone until I read this thread
(my normal option is using Linux based PC and a non microsoft browser and search engine)
however I did turn my mobile on and selected chrome (ugh!) and got the forum, seems OK works OK
bit like reading a newspaper through the letter box but I did not need to download another program (sorry ap)
always ready to be enlightened

highbury731

VOC Member
I am a 1980's computer guy (you can tell that because I still call aps 'programs')
I have never tried to look at the forum with a phone until I read this thread
(my normal option is using Linux based PC and a non microsoft browser and search engine)
however I did turn my mobile on and selected chrome (ugh!) and got the forum, seems OK works OK
bit like reading a newspaper through the letter box but I did not need to download another program (sorry ap)
always ready to be enlightened
My PC also runs on Linux - which is the kernel of Android phones as well. Lineage OS will make it fully Linux, if you care. Short of that, you can message, talk and video call on Signal and Telegram, both are Linux programs.
My old phone has the App for this Forum, and also TheVincent.org - and I can't find them on the playpen. Humpf.

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
As Simon said, it is the TapaTalk app which works with all Xenforo forums. There has never been a dedicated app just for us.