A question regarding the plastic envelope containing February 2024 MPH etc.

RonandLinda

VOC Membership Secretary
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
We have been asked by a member whether the grey plastic envelope which contained his February MPH and membership card was recyclable or compostable. I photographed the corner of the envelope in which mine arrived if anyone is interested from an eco point of view. Ron.

Attachments

• IMG_4621.jpeg
    IMG_4621.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 40

Paul Coene

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Taking in account that we'll get more heavy rainfalls and storms, and let's not forget the rising sea levels (!) - as predicted by the all-knowing climate doom predictors - I hope the other 11 MPH's this year will be packed the same way. Thanks in advance.

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm happy to report that my February MPH and cards arrived late last week and that all was in good order. Unfortunately the plastic envelope did not fair so well. It did its duty and protected its contents but looked like it had been chewed on without mercy by rodent. After retrieving the contents I discarded it with all appropriate honors.
On a semi serious note I appreciate when my periodicals arrive in plastic envelopes as I'm sure my mailman is involved with a study program to see which mail absorbs moisture better, periodical, bank statements, utility bills, or junk mail flyers.
On an actual serious note, it has been remarked on in our section meetings that the quality/weight of the paper used in recent MPHs is of an excellent quality and adds to the satisfaction of reading it.
Steven