• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

1951 Vincent Rapide - Part 77 - Powder Coating Test

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
That oven looks like it is in a kitchen? If so, its not a good idea to cook food in an oven that has been used for power coating. Anyone thinking of getting a kit, should really factor in an oven and some sort of small booth to control the mess.... and wear a mask.

Mike T

VOC Member
That oven looks like it is in a kitchen? If so, its not a good idea to cook food in an oven that has been used for power coating. Anyone thinking of getting a kit, should really factor in an oven and some sort of small booth to control the mess.... and wear a mask.
Thank you. I totally agree. Fortunately for my friend Geoff, his new place had a couple of ovens in the workshop along with a great beer fridge!

Monkeypants

VOC Member
That home brew PC looks lovely Mike.
Did you try marking it with a screwdriver or similar in an out of view place to check hardness?
I'm a big fan of powder coat as it's generally so durable, almost like plating.

Glen

Mike T

VOC Member
That home brew PC looks lovely Mike.
Did you try marking it with a screwdriver or similar in an out of view place to check hardness?
I'm a big fan of powder coat as it's generally so durable, almost like plating.

Glen
Thank you Glen. Yes, I didn't show that, but it was a very hard finish afterwards. We were conscious that there isn't much of a gap between the outer and inner shrouds and so Geoff tried to only apply a thin coat. I think that helped with the durability. He told me that some of his earlier test pieces came out with a much thicker finish and that it takes a little practice to get the right level of coating. Hope all is well. Best wishes, Mike

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?

The Mighty Garage Videos

List of Forum Categories