What BSF & BSW Tools are needed?

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I assume you have a local airfeild, go talk to the mechanics , the original tool kit stuff is ok for investors not very good for the "serious wrench" Montgomery ward may be useful if they are still in buisness. good hunting, (it's half of the fun) Roy.

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
Hi
steve hamel in the states stocks neil videan k1 spanners and speacil spanners for doing up the wheel axle nuts, these have to be thin spanners to fit between the fork legs and the brake back plates.Why do you need them, why to get the anti torqe pins into their housing on thefork blades,and then tighten up the wheel nuts (E80) without removing the wheel.
Email gearheads@comcast.net
stumpy lord

Ducdude

VOC Member
chankly, Roy and Norm, Thanks for the tool input I will take it to heart as I love new tools almost as much as new bikes....I found some US supplers of new whitworth tools in all sorts of kits....As few spelty spanners for the headers and the inspection caps and I will be golden assuming the seller takes my offer,,,:)

Cheers,
Eric

van drenth

VOC Member
Ducdude,
BSW spanners and sockets are still listed in the Gedore (german) tool book. If you like i can buy for you and send them all again cost.I use those tools for many years.
Regards,
van drenth JC

Albervin

VOC Member
A lot of my larger BSF/BSW spanners are Gedore. Superb tools but it was hard to find the smaller sizes here in Australia. They will last as long as the Vincent does without doubt.

Ducdude

VOC Member
Ducdude,
BSW spanners and sockets are still listed in the Gedore (German) tool book. If you like i can buy for you and send them all again cost. I use these tools for many years.
Regards,
van drenth JC

Goede Dag JC,
Het gaat goed met mij , ik hoop ook met jouw! Ok that was my best Dutch..:) Dank je for the offer to supply me mit tools, but I found a local supplier in New York for Witworth tools as well as fasteners... I used to get to speak Dutch every week at work but now I only get a chance once in a while.. Thanks again

Groetjes,
Eric

Ducdude

VOC Member
Why settle for anything other than English.

Well that is the joy of it, the yanks are selling Brit tools and I don't have to pay the royal mail a ton of cash to get them here.... Plus delivery will be only one day....Much thanks for the pointer though....

Cheers,:cool:
Duc