Vincent Chopper

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm guessing it there to off set the rear chain to clear the fat back tyre. Be blowed if I can figure out how the chain from the gearbox sprocket gets up to it though.
You can just see the top run of the short chain from the gearbox behind the chain to the rear wheel.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
There are two "rear" chains, one from the gearbox sprocket to one of the jackshaft sprockets and back, the other from another sprocket on the jackshaft to the rear wheel and back, it's purpose is to step the chain out wide enough to clear the wide back wheel.

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Yes, Yes I know that. Thats what I said it does. Now, the short intermediary chain, you can see the top run of, is extending from the inner sprocket of the idler shaft to the gearbox sprocket. How ever for it to return from the gearbox sprocket to the inner idler sprocket it would be going right through the casting behind the gearbox sprocket.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Thinking out loud and really hoping that this did not happen but the problem discussed could be solved by cutting out part of the casting above, and possibly behind, the final drive sprocket. That is the part which holds the G50 plate. The thing that really worries me is the support for the steering head which looks about as stiff as a well cooked bit of spaghetti.