Wheels Supplier Advice for Rims and Spokes for 1938 Comet

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Evening all, I'm looking for the best quality chrome rims available for the restoration of my 1938 Comet. Has anyone had any good experience with the products of a particular UK supplier and would recommend them for a pair of rims and spokes?

Many thanks.

Stuart

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Evening all, I'm looking for the best quality chrome rims available for the restoration of my 1938 Comet. Has anyone had any good experience with the products of a particular UK supplier and would recommend them for a pair of rims and spokes?

Many thanks.

Stuart
I've read some other threads here on the Forum about rims and spokes and settled for ordering the premium range Stainless Steel rims and spokes from Devon Rims.

Keep you posted on what I think when they arrive.

Regards

Stuart

A_HRD

VOC Member
I was delighted with the Devon Stainless Rims when I bought mine about 10 years ago...
They were very accurate with a nicely finished weld at the joint that hadn't caused the rim to go out of round.
Moreover, they trued-up very easily during the build with spokes.

Peter B

Marvel

VOC Member
Looking at the factory pics in your petrol tank thread the spokes look as though they are black with plated nipples.

Dinny

VOC Member
I believe the spokes should be black with plated nipples. I got my spokes from Central wheel Company, they are stainless steel and black chromed.

Mark

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Stuart.

I have used the black chromed stainless spokes and nickel plated nipples from CWC on my Brough Superior and replica and they look great, they are expensive and take a while but utterly worth it (No scratching or chipping and of course no paint build up thickness)

I have some spares, so if you want to see what the spokes are like PM me and I'll post you one.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Stuart.

I have used the black chromed stainless spokes and nickel plated nipples from CWC on my Brough Superior and replica and they look great, they are expensive and take a while but utterly worth it (No scratching or chipping and of course no paint build up thickness)

I have some spares, so if you want to see what the spokes are like PM me and I'll post you one.
Many thanks. I'll have a look at one Mark is bringing over thank you very much and will stay in touch.

Stuart