Series A comet in Aus

Andy B

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Have very recently acquired a basket case series A comet, and need advice on all things HRD Vincent, is there anyone out there that may be able to help, I have some spare parts and also missing some parts, I have a few Ariels,Norton, and Triumph so am no stranger to motorcycle restoration but I am told precious little is known about the early series A machines????? I am situated in Victoria Australia ,Thanks in advance. Andy. PS not too familiar with forums so here goes nothing.

vibrac

VOC Member
When it comes to Vincents you wont be short of spoken and printed knowledge. If the amount of good knowledge available was divided by the number of machines Vincents would easily be top. parts supply for pre war not as good as post war but better than most other makes

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
Have very recently acquired a basket case series A comet, and need advice on all things HRD Vincent, is there anyone out there that may be able to help, I have some spare parts and also missing some parts, I have a few Ariels,Norton, and Triumph so am no stranger to motorcycle restoration but I am told precious little is known about the early series A machines????? I am situated in Victoria Australia ,Thanks in advance. Andy. PS not too familiar with forums so here goes nothing.

Andy, join the club, VOC, in the back of the club magazine, MPH, is an advertizement by Neal Videan, for Vincent parts, he has just built several A twins. He could be your first port of call.

Chrish

Andy B

Non-VOC Member
When it comes to Vincents you wont be short of spoken and printed knowledge. If the amount of good knowledge available was divided by the number of machines Vincents would easily be top. parts supply for pre war not as good as post war but better than most other makes
Thanks, any idea if parts lists for A series are available anywhere?

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
With out doubt you first job is to join the VOC. You will then be in the best position to talk to other members who own series "A" machines and they may even have spare parts that you might need.
Andrew Walker is the club's new Series "A" man. He should be able to give you lots of information.

Andy B

Non-VOC Member
With out doubt you first job is to join the VOC. You will then be in the best position to talk to other members who own series "A" machines and they may even have spare parts that you might need.
Andrew Walker is the club's new Series "A" man. He should be able to give you lots of information.
How would I get in contact with Andrew Walker, Big Ed?