Robin Ditcher crosses the bar

Chris.R

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am saddened at Robins passing I was thinking of him only recently and wondering how he was.

I knew Robin from when I had my first Vincent and would ride down from Maidstone to a pub somewhere on the Canterbury road out of Charing where a Kent chapter of the club used to meet. I also well recall again in the 60s just before I had broken down on the M1 somewhere around Leicester on the way home from the national at Rugby the Belfry a fast machine went by on the near empty road easily doing a `ton` it was Robin. Many years later I re-joined the club with another Comet and he was one of the first who said welcome.

Robin was a committed racer as the cutting shows I have had the cutting since the 1960s. He was well known for his shiny mostly Stainless Steel Rapide even down to the carbs.

Another biker down.

Chris

Richard is coordinating the funeral arrangements. Robin had been seriously ill for some time he says and died in a Hospice on Friday last.

richardnorrishrd@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris.R

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My post would not allow an attachment sorry but they are here now.

Attachments

• Robin Ditcher Vincent_0001.pdf
    553.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Robin Ditcher-Rapide_DSC0483.JPG
    Robin Ditcher-Rapide_DSC0483.JPG
    482.7 KB · Views: 78

Linda

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
RIP Robin.
I still have a custom painted helmet of mountain scenery that Rob painted for me. He also painted my Honda 400F in 1976.
Glad we visited him last year and spent a pleasant afternoon reminiscing the good old days.
As a child I remember him visiting home to spend time with Dad, Ron Vane, talking Vincent's and racing
RIP.
Linda