RIDERS HANDBOOK WITH BIRMINGHAM ADDRESS ?

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
JUST SORTING OUT SOME VINCENT RIDERS HANDBOOKS, ONE HAS
THE VINCENT MOTORCYCLE CO.
558 BROMFORD LANE BIRMINGHAM B8 2DT ?

DID VINCENT HAVE OFFICES THERE ? MYSTERY TO ME ?

Attachments

• P1060811.JPG
    P1060811.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 15

Alyson

VOC Member
I'm guessing a later reprint ? Most have the Edition # which I don't see on this one. Is there a printing date on the inside somewhere ?
Interesting .....

kerry

VOC Member
Thanks, that explains it then, I did wonder about him, but never seen it before.

vibrac

VOC Member
Holder/Vellocette bought a lot of Vincent rights and drawings (and still makes some parts for the Vincent) the Club felt his price for the drawings was to high and they were twenty + years old evem back then so the drawing project was born. Lots of drawings re drawn and were brought up to date and lots were donated from good friends of the club like Bob Culver and others

delboy

VOC Member
As I understand it, no Company name, Vincent "rights", or Trademarks, were acquired by Matt Holder, merely the remaining stock, tooling and drawings.
Some time later, he registered purely the word VINCENT in the motor vehicles category. Which meant other people needed permission to make parts for motor vehicles [only] with the word Vincent on them. If they have no word on them; like say a Bottom link, no permission is needed.
Somebody else may have the word registered in another category; say clothing.

As for Bob Culver, he and others who wished to remain anonymous, have never been given proper recognition for the Rosetta-like wealth they donated to the drawings project.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Does anyone know what the first addition looks like. Is that the prewar owners hand book or was there an earlier B addition.
387147AE-7B37-4253-A1B2-351032D46B50.jpeg

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
This is a Second Edition of the post war handbook. Later issues had the date as well as the edition number.
This is my early issue 1st edition? You might notice in the top right written "Richardson Service Dept" this is Paul Richardson's personal copy.
Ian

Attachments

• 16853520638498322371813724405840.jpg
    16853520638498322371813724405840.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: