FT: Frame (Twin) Reg Bolton's Modification

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
We need to quicken the steering at high speed direction changes can anyone point us at the details of reges rear end lifting plates?

greg brillus

VOC Member
Just use a longer coilover on the rear........much easier and save a heap of weight. I used a 270 mm center to center FASTACE with a 300 lb spring........way better than all the original spring cases and separate shocker.

vibrac

VOC Member
We already have an avo set up finally just right don't want to loose all that work Regs mod is easy to try and cheap we only found problem at 100 mph plus chicanes etc

timetraveller

VOC Member
If no one provides the exact measurements then you can try to experiment. The plates to jack the rear end up are essentially triangles with the position of the two front holes dictated by the hole for the front of seat pivot and the sidecar hole. You could then put a series of holes going backwards at, say, one inch intervals to take the top mount of the AVO. You could then try the handling by using the various holes until you found the one which gives you the best result.

greg brillus

VOC Member
One of the reasons I chose the coilover i mentioned, I used them front and rear on my twin racer........both units complete weighed in at 2 Kg's for the pair........

davidd

VOC Member
552 at 39 Bolton Mod.JPG

David

vibrac

VOC Member
Thanks all, drills are being sharpened Castle Coombe (20-21 August) has just the fast direction change we need to test